Monday, April 5, 2010

I know I know



It has been awhile I know. I heard on the radio something that really bothered me. There was a study that says that women who have body piercings are more likely to have low self esteem, they drink, smoke, and do drugs. They are also more likely to have a bad relationship with their fathers. That really irritated me. I have my nose pierced, had my tongue pierced, and have multiple tattoos. I also have 3 holes in each of my ears. Some of the prior description does fit me. However, to say that all those that have body piercings fit those characteristics really bothers me. To me that is saying that if you don't have piercings you don't have those characteristics I know some non inked or pierced people who are way worse off in the low self esteem department then I am.

It really makes me mad that people can just decide that off a small amount of people who are surveyed. There is nothing about my piercings or tattoos that are done to make me look better. I get them done because I enjoy them I like how they look. They are not done because I have low self esteem. Bottom Line I enjoy my ink and my tats and will continue to get them because I like them not because I feel like my body needs improvement in that manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment