Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Animals or Humans?

The book today was interesting. It was talking about the buddhist way of eating. We all need to be aware of what we eat. Buddah states that we need to be mindful of what we eat in order to still have compassion in our hearts. The book also states that cattle eats 7x more grains then humans do. The book encourages the reader to go at least half vegetarian. Cattle shouldnt be the one processing our food we should. I understand the concept of going semi vegetarian chickens and cattle are responsible for 18% of the ammonia emissions in the world. I think for me to be able to do this I need to do more research in the protiens found in other things then meat. I know I need protien because I start to get really sick if I dont. It is even harder when I can not eat wheat.

The other day when I went on my six mile walk. I went to the library after 2.4 miles. I sat down on the bench because I got there a few minutes before the library opened. That was the first time in a long time I have walked that far. I was sweaty, but not out of breathe. I had my head down. A man came up to me and asked if I was OK. I told him I was fine. He said he saw me walking up Grand Ave. He just wanted to make sure. While I am glad that a stranger is geninuly concerned about someones well being. It upsets me that I can look like that after only a 2 mile walk. How I took it and have been mulling it over the last couple of days is that: An overwieght girl is walking and is sweating so automatically something is wrong when she is sitting down and sweaty. I am probally over reacting but that is how I feel about it. O ya I lost 1.2 pounds.

Menu:
Breakfast: slimfast w/ soy milk
Snack: Protien bar
Snack: Protien bar
Lunch: chicken marsalla w/rice 3 servings @ 160 calories each
Snack: Protien bar
Dinner: 1 sweet potato, 5 strawberries

Exercise: 25 minute walk, 50 crunches on ball

No comments:

Post a Comment