Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lettuce wraps


I made lettuce wraps they normally call for oyster sauce in the recipe but there is gluten in that so I omitted it Here is my recipe it serves 6.
1/2lb ground turkey
2 small zucchini ( finely grated (I used a microplane.))
1/4C finely grated carrot (microplane)
1 lrg onion
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 cup of finely chopped mushrooms
1 can of chopped water chestnuts

Sauce:
4 Tb of soy sauce
2 t of freshly grated ginger
2 cloves of garlic grated
1 TB ketchup
1 Pkg of hot mustard
1/2 tsp of hotshot ( blk pepper and red pepper flakes)
4 TB of chicken broth

Brown the turkey when still slightly pink add all of the vegetables. When everything is soft add the sauce and let cook for about 3 more minutes. I mixed a Tablespoon of cornstarch with some cold water and added to thicken the sauce. It really could of used the oyster sauce however I cant have it so I suggest you add some.

No comments:

Post a Comment