Saturday, April 24, 2010

So last night I went shopping can you guess the price of these items combined?
2 pounds of sweet potatoes
2 heads of bok choy
1 bag of spinach
2 cans of artichoke hearts
1 container of strawberries
1 4 pack of batteries
1 spaghetti squash

The price of these items made me google eyed at the check out aisle. I could of bought 10 hamburger helper dinners and a few pounds of hamburger meat for this price. It really bothers me that it is going to cost so much more money to eat heatlthy then as my friend Will would put it cardboard food full of processed crap! Ok, yes the batteries came to 3 dollars but still. We wonder why America is fat. People are trying to eat on a budget these days myself included. But, I also want to be healthy. So bascially I have to choose between being healthy and having money. It does not bother me that I will be heathly. My room mate told me to stop eating so much and then I will not be so broke. I do not think I eat a lot. I think I eat what a normal person should eat. I don't think that I could eat like him the other day I made dinner Iwas being nice and made dinner for him I made me sweet potatoes, and zucchini, him bacon and eggs. He later said God, I am so hungry. I asked him what he ate that day and he said the eggs and bacon were the only thing. Uh duh hes still hungry. He then went to taco bell and spent 10 dollars. So really who is spending more money? I just do mine in one shot vs eating out spending small quanties. Through this rant and rave I am trying to get to the point that I spent 30 dollars on those veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment